You can choose several kinds of tours about the
Sienese painting, from the origin to the great mannerist painters.
1. The origins of Sienese Painting: Duccio di
Buoninsegna's worksat the National picture gallery and the frescoes in the
2. The greatest painters in 13th and in 14th century:
Duccio di Buoninsegna, Simone Martini and Ambrose Lorenzetti and their
works into OPA museum and the Town Hall.
3. The Gothic architecture: mendicant orders churches
(St. Dominic, St. Francis, Santa Maria dei Servi), the public fountains
(Fontebranda and Fonte di Ovile), Castellare Ugurgeri.
4. The Pope Pius II and the Renaissance in siena:
Piccolomini's altar and the library into Cathedral, Piccolomini's Palace
and the Loggia of Merchants.
5. Mannerism in Siena: Diocesan Museum of sacred art (with a reservation),
Room of the Concistory into the Town Hall and the National Picture Gallery